My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Twisted Easel Turtle & Co. card with photo tutorial


I decided to try my own Twisted Easel card after seeing one online. When closed (as in the photo above), it looks like any other card. I watched a couple of video tutorials, but more time was spent on the card design than what made it a twisted easel. So I'm going to give you the details on how to make a Twisted Easel card with photos in three short steps.


Here's what the Twisted Easel card looks like when opened. My card uses the Turtle & Co. stamp set. Two bucks from every set sold goes to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. I buy the special RMHC set every year because it's a great cause! I used Poppy Parade card stock and some Pocketful of Posies dsp, along with the hostess set Perfect Words, and the Scallop Trim Border Punch.

Twisted Easel Photo Tutorial:

1. Fold a half sheet of card stock (4-1/4" x 11") in half, then cut 1-1/4" from one end. This is the top of your card.


2. Now here's the "twist" mechanism - you open the card up and fold the top left corner down along the fold line and crease.





3. Back to my Turtle & Co. card - I made my front panel 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (a regular card front size). ONLY put adhesive on the folded down corner from step 2. When you adhere your card front, it helps to "close" the card. This will allow the front to close flat (very first photo on this post), and there's still plenty of room to write a message inside the card.

Note: When doing a Twisted Easel card, you really want something (layers of paper, like I have, or a button, brad or something else that will "hold" the front open.

2 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
northernlass said...

Thankyou for sharing your measurements for over the edge twisted easel. I've been struggling with same and couldn't figure it out. Needed this to stand a dungaree shape as regular square easel hadn't worked. Thanks again I can now finish fancy shaped card. Hope you don't mind me jotting down measurements. Will be perfect for other similar shapes needing propping up..x